updating security/nss

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Jul 28 04:31:17 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 11:26 pm, you wrote:
= Thanks, but I have already been testing my own update to NSS, and that
= will be committed when I'm done.  Check the archives of this list for
= diff.

Great. I hope, you'll find it possible to use some of the features of my
version nevertheless. In particular:

	. do not build/use NSS' own version of -lz;
	. do not build/use NSS' own version of db (patch-sysdb);
	. patch the tests, so they can be used automatically;
	. fix a lot of compiler warnings and some warning-identified
	  bugs.

Yours,

	-mi

P.S. I just realized, that our recent upgrade of devel/nspr should've
bumped the major library version(s) :-( The new version provides some
stuff, that is required to build the browsers -- without the major
number bump, the browsers will not be able to LIB_DEPEND properly.