cairo update

Michael Johnson ahze at ahze.net
Thu Jul 21 01:33:37 GMT 2005

On Jul 20, 2005, at 8:55 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 09:38 +0900, NAKATA Maho wrote:
>
>> Dear Gnome team,
>> To build cairo support for lang/gcc41, with awt support,
>> we need cairo >=0.5.0. unfortunately we have 0.4.0
>> in ports tree so I propose patch for a update. somehow
>> documentations are missing. could someone approve my commit
>> or suggestion?
>>

> We currently have cairo-0.5.2 in our GNOME development CVS repo.  I
> think their are some API issues that ahze does not want to
> introduce in
> the ports tree at this time, but I'll let him comment on that.

I'd really like to wait until gnome 2.12 or until we have patches for
the ports listed
below, unless we have a really great need to update cairo. I have
patched many ports
but there are still quite a few that need patch work or they will
have to be marked BROKEN
(except mozilla ports, we can just disable cairo support)
    o  www/mozilla
    o  www/mozilla-devel
    o  cad/oregano
    o  x11-toolkits/gnustep-art
    o  x11-wm/waimea-devel (currently marked broken, but it is more
broken w/ new cairo)

Patches are more than welcome and if you feel like doing patches
please see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo-announce/2005-May/
000015.html (porting guide to cairo 5.x).

Michael