how to call new port

Sergey Akifyev asa at agava.com
Tue Jul 19 10:54:29 GMT 2005

Hello!

First, good news: I've recently made test port for latest MonoDevelop
(.NET IDE). It requires some dependencies, that are not in FreeBSD ports
tree yet, so I had to port them too. One of such dependencies is
gecko-sharp-2.0 .

The problem is how to call that port? We already have www/gecko-sharp,
so this is not an option. Calling the port as
${DISTNAME} /gecko-sharp-2.0/ is not very good too - it can confuse
package management software. gecko-sharp-devel is not correct because it
is production version.

So, I'm waiting for your suggestions...

--
regards,