xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 17 20:24:53 GMT 2005

Looks like the freetype module in xorg (and XFree86) makes reference to
SFNT_Service->find_sbit_image which is now 0 in FT 2.1.10 (it used to be
initialized to tt_find_sbit_image).  This causes X to die rather
abruptly when trying to dereference this symbol:

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/gdb/gdb-freetype2.txt

I assume this was done by design in FT (though I couldn't find a commit
message that said spoke about this particular change).  If so, what
should X be doing to correctly obtain the glyph sbit?  Thanks!

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome