freetype2 2.1.10 crash my X too often.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Jul 17 07:08:24 GMT 2005

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:09:27 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 17:04 -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> Just wanted to see if anyone have the same problem? After I upgraded
>> freetype2 to 2.1.10 and it crashed my X too often when I am using Opera.
>> It's character issues, because a few of my friends have Japanese (I
>> think)
>> characters in their signature. If I downgrade freetype2 to 2.1.9 and
>> problem solved, no crash anymore. The characters looks like '次のホ'.
>>
>> I am not sure how to run X under gdb, but all I can think of is use two
>> computers then login in desktop box with ssh to run gdb by grab the pid.
>> Don't know if it will work.
>
> I haven't had one X crash since upgrading to freetype2-2.1.10.  Can you
> provide an exact how-to for reproducing this?

Ok, I am wrong about Japanese.. It must be come from one of different
character. But, I have a backtrace of it and it looks like freetype 2.1.10
doesn't like webfonts. I only use webfonts for Opera.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/gdb/gdb-freetype2.txt

> Joe
>

>> Cheers,
>> Mezz