freetype2 2.1.10 crash my X too often.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jul 16 22:03:29 GMT 2005

Hello folks,

Just wanted to see if anyone have the same problem? After I upgraded
freetype2 to 2.1.10 and it crashed my X too often when I am using Opera.
It's character issues, because a few of my friends have Japanese (I think)
characters in their signature. If I downgrade freetype2 to 2.1.9 and
problem solved, no crash anymore. The characters looks like '次のホ'.

I am not sure how to run X under gdb, but all I can think of is use two
computers then login in desktop box with ssh to run gdb by grab the pid.
Don't know if it will work.

FreeBSD GNOME Team