py-gdbm or py-bsddb as run-dependency?

Franz Klammer klammer at webonaut.com
Thu Jul 14 06:59:25 GMT 2005

Joe Marcus Clarke schrieb:

> Franz Klammer wrote:
> | Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> |
> |> I think option one and two are good choices.  Maybe you could do
> |> something like portupgrade offers now using OPTIONS.
> |

> | are these two db's compatible? what if i use autodedect and
> | install the wrong db on a (possible) reinstall?
>
> No idea.  I thought from your previous email that gdesklets could use
> either.

gdesklets use "shelve" http://docs.python.org/lib/module-shelve.html to
access the config database and it never stores the config unless i had
installed one of gdbm or bsddb.

> | what about this option:
> | OPTIONS= GDBM "install py-gdbm instead py-bsddb for config storage" off
>
> That looks reasonable, but the description may be a bit long.

ok! then i will do it in this way. tested the description in a unresized
xterm (80x25) and
it fits exactly in the screen - but will re-try it in the console before ;-)

Thanks for you help.

Franz