editors/abiword-devel -- 2.3.2 is now available

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Jul 13 22:26:16 GMT 2005

> > How does an ABI/API change in a new version of png affect a system, which
> > still uses an older version of png -- AND BUILD abiword FROM SOURCE?
>
> If new AbiWord doesn't keep the png's old ABI/API and png doesn't keep old
>   stuff, then it will be broke with old png for can't be build.

The new AbiWord is buing built on the _user's machine_ using the png.h, that
matches the installed libpng.4. There CAN BE NO ABI incompatability.

Should there be an API incompatibility (hard to imagine really), the build
will fail and only then will the user be forced to upgrade. Currently the
forced upgrades are completely gratuitous.

I can't believe, I have to explain something this trivial, really...

	-mi