Linux DC++ port created, want test or help?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Jul 12 08:37:12 GMT 2005

Updated to lastest source and added transfer_list_context_menu.diff, it's
nice to have the option in the transfer list by right click on any user in
list.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/shar/linuxdcpp.shar

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:27:41 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a linuxdcpp port, it has some stability problems but runs
> pretty well so far. It uses GTK2 and libglade2 stuff. It won't be in
> ports tree for a while until the author makes the decision for change
> name or not and when tarball is released. Also, it's not very active
> project but update depend on like two to five times in weeks or a month.
> I have created a tarball with date for version when I checkout from CVS
> and put it in my freefall space.
>
> WWW: http://linuxdcpp.berlios.de/
> Screenshot: http://img26.echo.cx/my.php?image=dcpp15gc.jpg
> Port: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/shar/linuxdcpp.shar (binary is
> dcpp, btw)
>
> As for FreeBSD 4.x user, I wouldn't be surprised if it will need to add
> USE_GCC=3.4 in Makefile. Maybe not, but don't report to me unless you
> are going to bother create a patch. Anyway...here are more info:
>
> 1) I disabled the BinReloc (prefix.cc and prefix.hh) stuff complete.
> BinReloc needs to die. However, I replaced all of those to DATADIR path.
>
> 2) I had to disable atomic, because it wouldn't compile. If anyone know
> how to patch it, please feel free to do it and send it to me. It's small
> and is in ${WRKSRC}/client/Thread.h .
>
> 3) It doesn't respect the PTHREAD_CFLAGS and PTHREAD_LIBS, I am not sure
> how to do with scons yet.
>
> 4) I renamed all from PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_MUTEX_INITIALIZER_NP to
> PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER to get it compiles. I don't remember what's
> right way to do it, but I will checking in mplayer-plugins or some other
> port that I don't remember what I did. If it's right, then it's great.
>
> 5) I hope, I did it right for FD_SETSIZE stuff. files/patch-config.h
>
> 6) Sometimes it would get disconnect for no reason, but it will
> auto-connect by itself. Maybe Linux has the same problem.
>
> 7) I think, the hash is slow. Maybe Linux has the same problem.

The author said that it's known issue on Linux and he is planning to make
it faster. The code is faster for Windows, but not to us (Linux/FreeBSD).

> I think, that's all for now. Have fun!
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team