how to start over with respect to ports

James Earl james at icionline.ca
Wed Jan 19 14:58:28 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 14:48 -0800, Scott I. Remick wrote:
> --- James Earl <james at icionline.ca> wrote:
>
> > You may be able to skip those steps without any ill affects.  Those
> > steps wouldn't effect whether or not GNOME 2.8 was installed.
>
> Hmm ok. Good that I can skip them. Bad that it's not the source of my
> problem.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/Latest/

If you go to that address, you can see that it's GNOME 2.6 packages.
FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE was released to early for GNOME 2.8 to be included.

It looks like I was giving you the wrong env variable.  My apologies.
Try PACKAGESITE.

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q21

James