Any progress on totem?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Jan 18 11:40:38 PST 2005

A couple of weeks ago it was reported that totem could no longer open a
DVD. It gives the message "Failed to find mountpoint for device /dev/cd0
in /etc/fstab". When I select "Preferences, I see "Optical device path:
TEAC DW-28E 2.1C 2.1C"

This is the DVD drive including model and firmware rev, but is not what
I would call a device path.

I'd really like to get totem back on the air, but I have no idea what
the problem is. I do suspect that it's FreeBSD specific, though.

If I mount the device (-t udf) and try to play a VOB, my system
insta-boots! No panic message or dump. Just like I killed the power (and
with the same ugly results for the file systems)!

This is really getting frustrating. I may have to try Windows. :-(

For the record, I am running 5.3-stable as of last Thursday
afternoon. All ports current as of yesterday afternoon.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)