textproc/libxslt depending on libxml >= 2.6.15

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 14 07:59:06 PST 2005

Linus Nordberg wrote:
> "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote
> Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:08:20 -0600:
>
> |  > # $FreeBSD: ports/textproc/libxslt/Makefile,v 1.68 2004/10/29
> |  > 18:58:25  marcus Exp $
> |  > fails.
> |  >> From config.log:
> |  > configure:22284: checking for libxml libraries >= 2.6.15
> |  > configure:22343: error: Version 2.6.13 found. You need at least
> |  > libxml2  2.6.15 for this version of libxslt
> |  >
> |  > (Makefile rev. 1.69 is current but it fixes a libcrypt dependency only.)
> |
> |  Please use the portupgrade and you will not have that kind of
> |  problem. We  have 2.6.16 in ports tree.
>
> I was under the impression that the ports system handles these kind of
> dependencies through LIB_DEPENDS in the Makefiles.  How is portupgrade
> supposed to solve this in the case where you don't have libxslt
> installed to begin with?

Because libxslt can't install until libxml2 is upgraded. Running
'portupgrade -a' will ensure that all your ports are up-to-date. At the
very least, 'portupgrade libxml2' should fix your libxslt build problem.

> I enjoy portupgrade from time to time but sometimes I just can't wait
> the three to four hours it takes to rebuild INDEX.tmp on my
> system. :-(

Try this:

# cd /usr/ports
# make fetchindex
# portupgrade portupgrade

The new version of portupgrade fetches INDEX, which takes 5 seconds,
instead of rebuilding it, which takes around 8 years.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org