Firefox & Migrating stored passwords

Jeremy Prior jez at netcraft.com
Thu Jan 6 12:03:51 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 17:55 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> seems that, right now, firefox encript this information with keys
> generated in the build, so you can not expect that this may survive to a
> simple portupgrade or reinstall

Thanks for this - I'm glad you told me rather than me finding this out
the next time I rebuilt it! :-)

If saved passwords won't survive a reinstall then I'm not going to be
able to switch to firefox as my primary browser just yet.  Ho hum.

Thanks again,
jez
--
      Jeremy Prior  <jez at netcraft.com>  http://www.netcraft.com/
 Netcraft Ltd, Treenwood Ho, Rowden La, Bradford-on-Avon, BA15 2AZ. UK