tool/app to play audio cd images?

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Wed Jan 5 05:31:37 PST 2005

Hi!

I'm using cdrdao in full paranoia mode to make copies of
some of my discs that are showing some problems (scratches),
to see if I can save them.

The output from cdrdao is a large file (usually named .bin,
but you can provide other names yourself) containing all
audio tracks and a .toc file which is a text file.

I remember using gcdmaster to open the .bin files produced
by cdrdao, and play them. However, I wonder if there is some
other app/tool (maybe newer and more integrated with gnome2)
for this job. What I want to do is basically check if the
scratch detection and repair worked fine before burning the
image to another CD.

Thanks,

Fernan