Firefox-1.0.1 - binary Linux version - runs very smooth on 4-STABLE

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Mon Feb 28 18:07:40 GMT 2005

Hi,

As many of you, I still get constant crashes because of Firefox
and linux-flashplugin6 (don't know if 1.0.1 native FreeBSD fixed it,
presumably not). FYI I run Linux version with no problem from a week or
more. All I had to do was to fetch tar.gz version from a mirror site,
copy files in /usr/local/firefox (my choice), install linux-gtk2 and
symlink the linux-flashplugin7 files (yes, 7!) in
/usr/local/firefox/plugins

If there is anybody interested I could describe all these steps more
detailed.
Though it should be pretty nice if someone could commit a port for this
(I see that linux-firefox is way too outdated), or better, get a final
fix for FreeBSD native version.

P.S. Do not forget Linux emulation, d'oh :)

--
Adrian Pircalabu

Public KeyID = 0x04329F5E

For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/