How does GNOME 2.9.x in MarcusCom treats you so far?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Feb 27 22:19:39 GMT 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 03:34:58 -0600, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:45:09 +0300, Vladimir Grebenschikov
> <vova at fbsd.ru> wrote:

<snip>
>> Looks like they do not add any extension to icon name:
>>
>> % grep Icon /usr/local/share/applications/kde/KMail.desktop
>
> Insteresting.... I will have to check in my local machine for
> share/applications/kde... It might be easy fix, I will check it tomorrow.

After the more check up with marcus, we agree that there is no way for us
can do with that. There are a lot of icons that aren't working, because of
GNOME is not in KDE's theme. For example, kmail is in Locolor, crystalsvg,
kdeclassic and slick that GNOME doesn't have. Anything images that are in
hicolor or the root of the icons directory will working fine. For example,
kturtle and quanta work fine because their images are in hicolor.

> Cheers,
> Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team