Font Hinting and Antialiasing

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Feb 24 18:53:01 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:10:56 -0800, Soheil Hassas Yeganeh
<soheil.h.y at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried it all ( best shape, subpixel, ... ) but it never looks
> like my fedora .
> After I have add autohint, antialias and hinting to my font.conf.

Make sure you have bitstream-vera's path, type1 and freetype are in your
XF86Config or xorg.conf. If you do, then maybe you can try to reinstall
freetype2 with WITHOUT_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED option.

It is very smooth here by default without any tweak, but only tweak in
xorg.conf.

> These changes made little changes to my font rendering but it is not
> like fedora yet.
> Do you have any opinion ?
>

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:10:33 -0800, Soheil Hassas Yeganeh
> <soheil.h.y at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have tried it all ( best shape, subpixel, ... ) but it never looks
>> like my fedora .
>> After I have add autohint, antialias and hinting to my font.conf.
>> These changes made little changes to my font rendering but it is not
>> like fedora yet.
>> Do you have any opinion ?
>>
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:31:28 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
>> <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:

FreeBSD GNOME Team