Update of FreeType2

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Feb 19 01:03:08 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 09:59 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm thinking about go for the latest FreeType2, now that we are
> unfrozen, with near all apps updated and without any mayor desktop
> change in a while (unless firefox).
>
> someone knows what are mayor showstoppers to this?

Mozilla and all Mozilla-based ports were the biggest problem.  I think
most other ports should be okay by now, but that should be evaluated.

> Also, I think we may go for gtk20 2.6 before gnome update.  There are a
> really bunch of ports that depends on it (and aren't gnome ports).

This will cause a lot of duplicate rebuilding of ports.  We're trying to
avoid this if possible.  Anyone that's really itching to try out GTK+
2.6 should install it from the MarcusCom repo, and help us test.

Joe