About a browser hier-like module

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Feb 16 16:46:41 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 10:09 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> I'm taking a step ahead in my mozilla/firefox works and I'm thinking
> about a browser-hier port to cope with things like browser-plugins/
>
> Any comments on this will be welcome.

Actually, gnomehier is moving away from its current model to an
mtree-based model.  I'd like to see browser_plugins (or whatever is
decided as the common FreeBSD-native plugin directory) be added to one
of the system mtree files.

> Also, to cope with extensions reinstall with browser reinstall, I'm
> thinking about source components installed from other ports in browser
> pkg-install modular scripts, but I can't see any port doing something
> similar

How would you handle deinstallation with extensions and themes if done
from ports though?

Joe