Problem with building Evolution (from marcus' ports tree)

Jonas Bülow jonas.bulow at servicefactory.se
Wed Feb 16 02:05:26 PST 2005

Hi,

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Jonas Bülow wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> |> Note: base system Kerberos is not supported on 4.X.  You have to use
> |> security/heimdal.  Alternatively, since you have a local workaround, you
> |> can go with that.
> |

> | I had security/heimdal installed but it doesn't affect to outcome of the
> | build.
> |
> | A new problem appeard later in the compilation. I have not yet found the
> | cause of it:
>
> You need to do a portupgrade -Rf evolution.  You have some old ports
> lying around still.

I don't have evolution installed, so I tried:

portupgrade -Rf evolution-data-server-1.1.5 evolution-webcal-2.1.91

..but evolution still failed to compile.

I think I found an explanation in evolution-data-server's Changelog:

2005-02-03  Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at novell.com>
* libedataserver/e-categories.c (idle_saver_cb): changed to return a
gboolean and always FALSE to remove the idle callback after saving.
(save_config): new function that marks the config as dirty and installs
the idle callback. the idle callback. (initialize_categories_config,
e_categories_remove, e_categories_add, e_categories_set_color_for,
e_categories_set_icon_file_for): call save_config() when saving the
categories.

I.e mail/evolution is currently out of sync with
databases/evolution-data-server.

I upgraded my portstree with "marcusmerge -a".

/j

--
Jonas Bülow
Access System Development