Issues with incorrect locale settings

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 15 16:05:36 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 18:58 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> en_US is not a valid locale on FreeBSD.  Try en_US.ISO8859-1 or, on
> 5.X
> and higher, you can also use en_US.UTF-8.

I'm running 5.3-STABLE.  I thought I had that according to locale:

trey at salamander~> locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

but I'm still getting my folders sorted case-sensitively.

Trey
---

The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with
composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he
does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper.
- Aristotle

7:03PM up 22:12, 0 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.14, 0.17
FreeBSD salamander.thesizemores.net 5.3-STABLE i386