gedit and scrollkeeper problems on 4.11 system

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 14 12:25:05 PST 2005

Kevin Oberman wrote:
|>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:16:16 -0500
|>From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>

|>|>|
|>|>|
|>|>|
|>|>|
|>|>|

|>|
|>|
|>| Well, it's a bit deeper down the tree than that. I re-installed libxslt,
|>| but scrollkeeper fails to configure as it can't find its DTD. I'm still
|>| trying to figure out what I need to install to fix that. I've tried all
|>| of the docbook ports as well as sdocbook-xml, p5-XML-Parse, and
|>| xmlcatmgr. Still no joy. :-(
|>|
|>| Any idea how to get the DTD back or am I facing a major re-install of
|>| the whole thing?
|>
|>Which DTD is missing?
|

| Joe,
| Sorry. I need to learn to read. It was not missing a DTD, but xmlcatmgr
| was segfaulting when attempting to get the DTD.
| checking for DocBook XML DTD... Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| configure: error: not found. Make sure you have the DocBook DTD
installed and ensure that it is registered in /usr/local/share/xml/catalog.
| ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
| Please direct the output of the failure of the make command to a file, and
| then feed that file to the gnomelogalyzer, available from
| http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh, which will diagnose
the problem
| and suggest a solution.  If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve
| the problem, report the problem to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome at FreeBSD.org,
| and attach
| "/usr/ports/textproc/scrollkeeper/work/scrollkeeper-0.3.14/config.log" and
| the output of the failure of the make command.  Also, it might be a
good idea
| to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g.
an `ls
| /var/db/pkg`).
|
| But why the heck s it failing? I'm baffled, but  suspect it's something
| in some library. Maybe I need to rebuild expat? (I really don't
| understand what is going on and am probably flailing away more than
| anything else.)

The command use to check for the DTD is xmlcatalog which is installed by
libxml2.  You could try reinstalling that as well reinstalling docbook-sk.

Joe

- --
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome