Compile failures

Neal Delmonico ndelmonico at cableone.net
Wed Feb 9 20:05:08 PST 2005

For about a week now, gnome programs that I try to upgrade with
portupgrade have been failing with a configuration failure.  The list of
such programs is growing.  I don't know what has happened to bring this
about.  Even new programs that are supposed work under Gnome will not
build on my machine.  Did I miss some important change in the Gnome
system?  Attached is the config.log for ggv.  It was one of the first to
fail.  Now there are about twenty that all seem to fail in the same
way.  The messages seems to complain that there is no XML Parser module,
but there is.  For some reason the configure script does not locate it.

What do you suggest?

Thanks.

Neal