Could I leave upgrade even though script fails?

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 7 06:41:34 PST 2005

Lars Bungum wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 22:10 -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>
>>>SUPPORTED_FREEBSD_VERSIONS="4.10 5.3 6.0"

>>>the upgrade with 4.11), but I don't dare just to insertr 4.11 until it has
>>>been ok'd.  What's the word on this?
>>>
>>>BTW: Please CC me with the answer.
>>
>>As Pav said, please just insert 4.11 into that line you've quoted.
>>I'll update the script on the FreeBSD.org webserver, but it'll take a
>>day or so to propogate; it's fastest for you to edit your script yourself.
>>The issue is that we can't merge the gnome_upgrade.sh script from our
>>development repo because it's currently keyed for the upcoming GNOME
>>2.10 release.
>>Joe: we should really start tagging the portstools module with each
>>GNOME release.
>

> Thanks!  I did it and it worked great.  The gstreamer-plugins port was
> broken, though, so I it stopped at stage 4, telling me that these ports
> weren't installed:
>
> ** The following packages were not installed or upgraded
> (*:skipped / !:failed)
>         ! www/mplayer-plugin (mplayerplug-in-2.70_2)    (uninstall
> error)
>         ! multimedia/gstreamer-plugins (gstreamer-plugins-0.8.6_1)
> (patch error)
>         ! multimedia/mpeg4ip (mpeg4ip-1.0)      (unknown build error)
>
> when I try the port manually, it fails on some missing patch.  And if I
> rerun the script it seems to rebuild everything, so it didn't help that
> I installed the package.
>
> But could I just leave the installation as it is, or do I have to run
> the script again (after the port is fixed) to run stage 5?  I think just
> about everything else got upgraded.

Blow away /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins, re-run cvsup, and try
again. If you can successfully build gstreamer-plugins, then you can
portupgrade -rf gstreamer-plugins to complete the upgrade.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org