Could I leave upgrade even though script fails?

Lars Bungum lars.bungum at copyleft.no
Mon Feb 7 04:49:21 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 22:10 -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> > SUPPORTED_FREEBSD_VERSIONS="4.10 5.3 6.0"
> > > ... I am really hoping this variable is not correct (meaning I can run
> > the upgrade with 4.11), but I don't dare just to insertr 4.11 until it has
> > been ok'd.  What's the word on this?
> >
> > BTW: Please CC me with the answer.
> As Pav said, please just insert 4.11 into that line you've quoted.
> I'll update the script on the FreeBSD.org webserver, but it'll take a
> day or so to propogate; it's fastest for you to edit your script yourself.
> The issue is that we can't merge the gnome_upgrade.sh script from our
> development repo because it's currently keyed for the upcoming GNOME
> 2.10 release.
> Joe: we should really start tagging the portstools module with each
> GNOME release.

Thanks!  I did it and it worked great.  The gstreamer-plugins port was
broken, though, so I it stopped at stage 4, telling me that these ports
weren't installed:

** The following packages were not installed or upgraded
(*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! www/mplayer-plugin (mplayerplug-in-2.70_2)    (uninstall
error)
        ! multimedia/gstreamer-plugins (gstreamer-plugins-0.8.6_1)
(patch error)
        ! multimedia/mpeg4ip (mpeg4ip-1.0)      (unknown build error)

when I try the port manually, it fails on some missing patch.  And if I
rerun the script it seems to rebuild everything, so it didn't help that
I installed the package.

But could I just leave the installation as it is, or do I have to run
the script again (after the port is fixed) to run stage 5?  I think just
about everything else got upgraded.

--lars