ports/89728: AbiWord 2.2.1 under FreeBSD 4.11 is stuck in a screen redraw loop when opening RTF files

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 2 14:40:11 PST 2005

The following reply was made to PR ports/89728; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org>
To: Steven Sidman <sidman at acousticprocessing.com>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/89728: AbiWord 2.2.1 under FreeBSD 4.11 is stuck in a
	screen redraw loop when opening RTF files
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:33:49 +0100

 > > Synopsis: AbiWord 2.2.1 under FreeBSD 4.11 is stuck in a screen redraw loop when opening RTF files
 > >
 > > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > > State-Changed-By: pav
 > > State-Changed-When: Tue Nov 29 18:55:36 GMT 2005
 > > State-Changed-Why:
 > > Can you retry with AbiWord 2.4 (actual version in ports) ?
 >
 > I first went to abisource.com and got the tarball, using gmake to try to
 > build it. Things went along great until some kind of fatal error having
 > to do with being unhappy with some kind of global instruction decoder .h
 > file. (tptool?)
 >
 > Went to FreeBSD, found the 2.4 ports version, updated abiword in my
 > /usr/ports/editors/abiword. Things were fine until install, when
 > everything stops due to enchant.  I have enchant 1.5, but the install
 > program apparently never sees it. The ports tree for enchant 1.2 is
 > apparently marked as broken. I found the enchant home page, and managed
 > to build it from source ok (using gmake), except that the install in the
 > abiword port still fails at enchant (claims the port is marked as
 > broken, even though I installed enchant 1.2 separately) even after doing
 > rehash, make clean, etc.

 Please don't mix installation from ports and from tarballs if you want
 any support from us.

 enchant port is not broken in any way. Are you updating your whole ports
 tree?
 What exact message are you getting?

 Where do you see enchant 1.5?
 http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/

 --
 Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
               <pav at FreeBSD.org>

 Geography is only physics slowed down, with a few trees stuck on it...
   -- Terry Pratchett