HEADS UP: GNOME 2.12 is nigh!

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 29 03:36:29 GMT 2005

Like the light at the end of the tunnel, GNOME 2.12 is about to slam
into us hard.  It's still on course for a September 5th release.  That
said, we could also use some more screenshots, as well as any cool
splash screen submissions and themes.  For screenshots, we're looking to
show off the new features in GNOME 2.12.  See
http://www.gnome.org/~davyd/gnome-2-12/ for some inspiration.

We also need people to report bugs with the various components.  Right
now, I know of one big problem in that gnome-system-tools constantly
locks up when trying to commit changes.  I've asked the developers how
we can get more debugging to see what's going on, but if you're looking
for a way to contribute, getting this fixed would be great.  As of this
time, there are no other known FreeBSD-specific issues, so if you find
something, please let us know.

Marcus

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org