vte widget port and Python extensions

ali aafshar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 12:13:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

Thank-you for maintaining this port. I recently had a slight problem
installing the Python extensions.

I set the --enable-python configure argument in the Makefile, and made
the port and installed it. Unfortunately the Python extension cannot be
used because Python can't find the library.

The Python extension was installed to:

/usr/X11R6/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/vtemodule.so

where the other GTK2 C Python extensions are installed to:

/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/

and moving the file to that location allows Python to find it.

(I guess there may be a reason to put this in the /usr/X11R6 tree
instead of the /usr/local tree.)

I would love to fix this and send you a patch but I am very
inexperienced with ports and BSD, I shall do anything I can to help
though.

Yours,

Ali