Selectively hide volumes on desktop

Pavel Fedin sonic_amiga at rambler.ru
Mon Aug 15 06:04:20 GMT 2005

  Hello there!
  I'd like to ask if there is a possibility to selectively hide volumes
from the desktop. There is an icon called "Root volume" and it annoys me
because in fact it duplicates "Filesystem" icon in "My computer" (root
volumes also appears there too).
  I also have a Linux box and "Root volume" doesn't appear there. Can i
replicate this effect on FreeBSD?
  I guess this depents on whether the volume is mountable by non-root
users or not. On Linux this can be set individually using "user" option
in /etc/fstab, on FreeBSD this is set globally for all the system using
sysctl value. BTW, i think it's bad that root can be unmounted by user.

--
Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin