Problem with inkscape and boehm-gc port.

Yann Golanski yg2 at york.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 11:04:46 GMT 2005

I am sure that you all know the problem, I wanted just to confirm it on
my two freeBSD machines.  BTW, gnomelogalyzer.sh does not know what this
error is.

Any pointers?

# cd /usr/ports/graphics/inkscape
# make
[...]
checking gc.h usability... yes
checking gc.h presence... yes
checking for gc.h... yes
checking for GC_init in -lgc... yes
checking libgc version 6.4+... Segmentation fault (core dumped)
no
configure: error: libgc (the Boehm Conservative Collector) 6.4+, is
needed to compile inkscape --
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please direct the output of the failure of the make command to a file,
and then feed that file to the gnomelogalyzer, available from
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh, which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution.  If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the problem to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach "/usr/ports/graphics/inkscape/work/inkscape-0.42/config.log"
and the output of the failure of the make command.  Also, it might be a good
idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an
`ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/inkscape.

--
yg2 at york.ac.uk                                               www.neverness.org
 GnuPG key fingerprint:   C63B 1905 79C7 34F2 C2F2  AB79 4B12 7F5C E02F 5909