firefox doesn't work on amd64

A Dude adudek16 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 18:28:30 GMT 2005

I can second this. Firefox 1.06 doesn't run on AMD64.

adudek at cooljack: ~/ >uname -a
FreeBSD cooljack.msdp.net 5.4-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p6 #3:
Sat Jul 30 20:45:01 EDT 2005
root at cooljack.msdp.net:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/Cooljack  amd64

adudek at cooljack: /usr/ports/www/firefox/ >ls -la Makefile
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  9944 Jul 30 11:59 Makefile
adudek at cooljack: /usr/ports/www/firefox/ >

Type firefox and it doesn't run but cores. I can provide if needed..
Even weirder is that if I start firefox and provide a argument/url
then it starts. If I provide no argument/url then it doesn't even
load. I have even deleted exisiting ~/.mozilla.
After further testing, it appears that you must run firefox as root
first before it will run as anyother user. Why is this?
Errors/messages seen on startup when providing a startup url
adudek at cooljack: ~/.mozilla/firefox/bsw2tchf.default/ >firefox d

(firefox-bin:3268): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has wrapped
 in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)

(firefox-bin:3268): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has wrapped
 in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)
*** ExtensionManager:_updateManifests: no access privileges to application direc
tory, skipping.

(firefox-bin:3268): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has wrapped
 in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)
*** ExtensionManager:_updateManifests: no access privileges to application direc
tory, skipping.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:07:00 -0400
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> This is harmless, just ignore it.
>
> Joe
	I would like to ignore it, but it doesn't start. I've just compiled
it without patch-nsprpub-pr-include-md-_pth.h, and it works. Before
compiling I've tried to remove ~/.moziila, but it didn't help. Can
anyone see what's wrong with this patch? Thanx. :o)