png-1.2.6

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Aug 6 22:08:37 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 11:23 +0200, bannour souha wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I have a freebsd-5.3 without graphic interface and I
> want to install this interface. When I try to do it
> from the net, It can not install it because it doesn't
> find a package png-1.2.6.
>  I searched this package in the net, I find that it
> must be here
> ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/All/png-
> 1.2.6.tbz
> but the package-5.3-release doesn't exit :(
>  Can you help me please?

Older packages get garbage collected a lot from time-to-time.  You
should update your ports tree as described at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html,
then build the latest GNOME from ports, or use the GNOME Tinderbox
(http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q21) to install GNOME for
FreeBSD 5.3 from packages.

Joe