leaner and even meaner firefox

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Aug 5 04:58:44 GMT 2005

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:30:21 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:40:45 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:18:48 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Yep, it works here now. Bless to ccache. ;-) I will clean up a bit to
>>> make portlint happy and put in ports-stable. If you want to send more
>>> changes, be sure to compare with MarcusCom CVS in ports-stable. Thanks.
>>
>> I have found another problem. I can't build epiphany with this new
>> change.
>>
>> =======================================
>> checking which mozilla to use... firefox
>> checking for firefox-gtkmozembed >= 0.10 firefox-xpcom >= 0.10...
>> gnome-config: not found
>> gnome-config: not found
>> Package firefox-nspr was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `firefox-nspr.pc' to
>> the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable Package 'firefox-nspr',
>> required by 'XPCOM', not found
>> configure: error: Library requirements (firefox-gtkmozembed >= 0.10
>> firefox-xpcom >= 0.10) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>> environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so
>> pkg-config can find them.
>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>> =======================================
>>
>> We don't have nspr.pc anymore if we use with your firefox patch. Maybe
>> nspr port needs to install nspr.pc then add a hack to teach for nspr.pc
>> in each ports, not *-nspr.pc. Or another better way if anyone find.
>>
>> =======================================
>> # find /usr -name \*nspr.pc
>> [...empty...]
>> =======================================
>
> Here is add nspr.pc patch: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/nspr.diff
>
> I will put it in MarcusCom CVS in ports-stable module soon.

Many emails, but it's my last for tonight... I have fixed the epiphany
build if I edit in firefox-xpcom.pc like this:

-Requires: firefox-nspr = 1.0.6
+Requires: nspr >= 4.6.0

I put 4.6.0, because I have no idea if previous version will work. At
least, we don't have to hack in epiphany, but might need to check other
ports to make sure they do or don't need to hack.

> Cheers,
> Mezz
>
>> BTW: update firefox patch:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/firefox.diff