leaner and even meaner firefox

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Aug 5 03:15:14 GMT 2005

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:18:48 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:11:35 -0500, Mikhail Teterin
> <mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
>
>>> ${PREFIX} == ${X11BASE}, since firefox's prefix is X11BASE. I will
>>> test it
>>>   by change PREFIX -> LOCALBASE and see what happen.
>>
>> Aha! You are right -- this is my mistake... (My machines all have both
>> LOCALBASE and X11BASE set to /opt, so I did not notice this).
>>
>> The new addition to the makefile should read:
>>
>>         @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's|/usr/local/netscape|${LOCALBASE}|g' \
>>                 -e 's|/usr/local/lib/netscape|${LOCALBASE}/lib|g' \
>>                 ${WRKSRC}/xpcom/*/SpecialSystemDirectory.cpp
>>
>> PREFIX was a wrong pick anyway -- we don't need firefox' directory
>> there, but
>> that of another port (nss). It should work for you now...
>
> Yep, it works here now. Bless to ccache. ;-) I will clean up a bit to
> make portlint happy and put in ports-stable. If you want to send more
> changes, be sure to compare with MarcusCom CVS in ports-stable. Thanks.

I have found another problem. I can't build epiphany with this new change.

=======================================
checking which mozilla to use... firefox
checking for firefox-gtkmozembed >= 0.10 firefox-xpcom >= 0.10...
gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
Package firefox-nspr was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps
you should add the directory containing `firefox-nspr.pc' to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable Package 'firefox-nspr', required by
'XPCOM', not found
configure: error: Library requirements (firefox-gtkmozembed >= 0.10
firefox-xpcom >= 0.10) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so
pkg-config can find them.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
=======================================

We don't have nspr.pc anymore if we use with your firefox patch. Maybe
nspr port needs to install nspr.pc then add a hack to teach for nspr.pc in
each ports, not *-nspr.pc. Or another better way if anyone find.

# find /usr -name \*nspr.pc
[...empty...]

BTW: update firefox patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/firefox.diff