leaner and even meaner firefox

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Aug 4 21:42:59 GMT 2005

The quick workaround for the unrecognized CA certificates was, indeed, to
symlink ../libnssckbi.so.1 into firefox/libnssckbi.so

The attached diffs include a more proper fix, which does not require such
symlinking. I had to let the "security manager" know about another possible
location,  teach it to, actually, verify the location's existence (see
patches for nsNSSComponent.cpp in patch-sysnss), and make sure that location
is specified correctly (/usr/local/lib/netscape does not exist -- the new
REINPLACE_CMD in Makefile).

I wish, I could say nspr.2 in firefox' LIB_DEPENDS, but, unfortunately, you
refused to bump libnspr's major number...

Thanks! Please, test and consider comitting.

	-mi

P.S. You can paint the major library numbers bikeshed (for jpeg, png, nss,
etc.) any way you wish...