leaner and meaner www/firefox

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Aug 3 20:07:02 GMT 2005

> Either above still doesn't explain clear or I don't understand it clear.

The first step to clarity is using complete sentences. English is not my
native language, and, apparently, it is not yours either.

To overcome this barrier, why don't you present me a real life example to
illustrate your point -- step by step. Maybe, Marcus can help you -- I know,
you guys are conversing on IRC...

Build an nss-package from the current port, for example.

Now, remove the major version number from the nspr dependency in the nss'
Makefile and re-build the nss-package. Carefully compare the two packages...

> Register version of what?  PORTVERSION or library?

Not sure, if this is, what you are asking, but packages don't depend on
libraries, they depend on other packages.

Yours,

	-mi