How can I get gdm back

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 26 15:30:34 PDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:12:22 -0400
Adam Weinberger <adamw at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Trey Sizemore wrote:
> > I'd previously updated to Gnome 2.10 using the script provided by
> > the FAQ at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome and have been using it
> > successfully for several weeks.  However, a recent portupgrade
> > seems to have made me lose gdm and now starting up or shutting down
> > takes me to my bash prompt.
> >
> > How do I get gdm back?  I ask only because I remember the FAQ
> > saying to use the script vs. changes to tty.
>
> Read /usr/ports/UPDATING.
>
> # Adam

Sorry.  The one time I don't read it and...

Thanks

Trey
----

"Star Wars is adolescent nonsense; Close Encounters is obscurantist
drivel; Star Trek can turn your brains to pur'ee of bat guano; and the
greatest science fiction series of all time is Doctor Who!  And I'll
take you all on, one-by-one or all in a bunch to back it up!"
		-- Harlan Ellison

FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE i386 i386 GENERIC
 6:29PM  up 21:53, 1 user, load averages: 1.36, 1.29, 1.11