VFS-sftp to linux

Joan Picanyol i Puig lists-freebsd at biaix.org
Mon Apr 25 08:52:40 PDT 2005

* Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> [20050425 05:40]:
> On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 05:21 +0200, Joan Picanyol i Puig wrote:
> > Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> > > The patches are already in the FreeBSD port, and can be taken from
> > > ports/devel/gnomevfs2/files.  I don't have any Linux boxes to test sftp
> > > with here, so I won't be able to help debug this.
> >
> > Is the only patch needed patch-modules_sftp-method.c? I've found bug
> > #168861 in GNOME's bugzilla, could you followup to it?
>
> Yes, that's the only patch needed.  I'm not sure what to say in this
> bug.  I don't have any Linux machines with which to test.

I've just verified it on an Ubuntu Hoary machine (which uses 2.10.0). I
replaced /usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libsftp.so with a new version
compiled with your patch.

Can anyone else reproduce this? If you are really adventurous, I've put
the original and modified libsftp.so at
http://grummit.biaix.org:8888/joan/debug/gnomevfs/

qvb
--