FreeBSD Port: Netspeed 0.12

Peter Thoenen eol1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 15:07:14 PDT 2005

Hallo,

Not sure if you had this problem or even noticed it yet but below is a
correspdance I had with the applet designer.  Might want to update the port
makefile.

Am Donnerstag, den 21.04.2005, 14:10 -0700 schrieb Peter Thoenen:
> Just as a heads up, just updated Netspeed from 0.10 to 0.12 and can no longer
> monitor my atheros card (ath0) ... can select the device but shows ZERO
> activity (though shows connected) even though its in use now.  Worked just
fine
> with 0.10

Hi,

netspeed now uses its one code to get the bytes transferred on a network
device. This is linux specific however (at least i think so - it reads
the bytes from /proc/dev/net). This was because of a bug in glibtop >=
2.8, which made netspeed crash (don't know if the bug has been fixed
yet). The old code which uses glibtop is still available however. Just
run ./configure --enable-glibtop.

Hope that helps,
Jörgen