Gnome 2.10 Won't Start

J.D. Carroll, Jr. jdc at fire-star.com
Tue Apr 12 06:54:08 PDT 2005

Current Configuration:

FreeBSD 5.4 RC2
Gnome 2.10

 I have installed FreeBSD 5.4 RC2 and gnome 2.10, did the port upgrade,
the Xorg.conf and the host file to get gnome to start. I also created the
~.xinitrc file and in it the command exec gnome-session.

 Now my problem :

  When I type startx Gnome does not start just the basic X window manager.
But if I start an X-Term and type exec gnome-session I can get gnome to
start within that X-Term.

  Can someone please help me get it so when I type startx that gnome
starts and not the default Xwindow manager.

 Thank you.

 DR