Use sudo for authentication for "Administration" items

Adam McMaster adam at moosoft.net
Thu Apr 7 09:39:13 PDT 2005

I use sudo instead of su to execute commands as root, and have the root
account locked (so there is no password for it which can be entered
when prompted by Gnome).  This means I can not use anything under the
"Administration" menu in Gnome.

Is there anything I can do to make Gnome to use sudo for authentication
for the things in that menu?  Or do I have to resort to patching /
recompiling some component of Gnome?

(Make sure replies to the list are CC'd to me, as I'm not subscribed.)

--
- Adam McMaster <adam at moosoft.net>