Gedit failed to lock

Tim Welch twelch at thepentagon.org
Wed Apr 6 10:28:10 PDT 2005

Have you done anything with your ~/.recently-used file? I was being clever
once and linked it to /dev/null to keep that list empty. I got the same
warning you're getting. Now cron just clears the list every 5 minutes.
Even if it's not linked to null, I suspect that is the file it's trying to
lock.

Tim