gdm makes 100% load

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Fri Apr 1 04:31:51 PST 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 11:08:42AM +0200, Daniel Slezak wrote:

> But if I just only open Logout menu in gnome session, the
> /usr/X11R6/bin/gdm-binarytakes almost 100% of CPU load,
> it makes no difference, if I thenreally logout, or cancel
> this choice and stay in gnome. This mistake stay until I
> kill gdm-binary.

We have the same problem here: when disconnecting a remote X session
from a freebsd server, the gdm-binary starts to produce high cpu load
until it is stopped or restarted.

I think this problem has started with the gnome upgrade to 2.10. A
complete rebuild of gdm with "portupgrade -Rf gdm" didn't solve this
problem.

cu,
Uwe