FireFox & linuxpluginwrapper

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Oct 22 16:14:51 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 17:56, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> I installed the linuxpluginwrapper, and created the libmap.conf
> as directed.  I restarted firefox, went to sbc.yahoo.com where I
> know there is flash, and the browser disappears.  I had this problem
> before, but I was having other Galeon/Mozilla problems.  So I deleted
> everything and started over.  I haven't installed flash till today.  Are
> users able to use linuxpluginwrapper with the latest firefox?

Works for me:

linuxpluginwrapper-20041017
firefox-1.0.1.p_4

However, the key is not using Flash 7.  As mentioned in the latest
commit message for lpw, Flash 7 is broken on Firefox.  Flash 6 will work
just fine, though.  Note: lpw and Firefox don't tend to behave as well
together as Mozilla and lpw or Galeon and lpw.  For the most
problem-free Firefox experience, don't use lpw.

Joe