Firefox Extension Problem

Joe Kelsey joe at zircon.seattle.wa.us
Thu Oct 21 14:40:35 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 17:52, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 18:11, Joe Kelsey wrote:
> > I recently installed firefox-1.0.1.p.2.  This seems to work just fine,
> > except that when I try to install extensions, nothing happens.
> >
> > In my old firefox, 0.9.whatever, I had installed AdBlock which worked
> > just great!  Now, when I download the extension, I get the Extensions
> > popup window, but nothing else happens.  No messages, not buttons,
> > nothing.  I have to end up hitting the destroy window button to remove
> > it.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?  Does anyone else have suggestions?
>
> Upgrade to 1.0.1.p_4, and read /usr/ports/UPDATING.

I followed the "save bookmarks, delete directory" steps when I installed
1.0.1.p_2.  Do I have to do it again for _4?

What exactly did you change between _2 and _4 that allows extensions?

I really do not want to go through the whole delete the directory
business since it wipes out my passwords.

/Joe