thunderbird-0.8: Building summary file for inbox...

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 16 07:08:01 PDT 2004

After upgrading from thunderbird-0.7.3_1 to -0.8_2
I cannot retrieve mail with thunderbird.

When I start it up, it has a message in the status bar
saying: "Building summary file for inbox..." but it never
completes. I cannot see any messages in my local
folders.

I am able to send mail. I tested that by sending
mail then switching back to -0.7.3_1 and getting
my mail.