loanding global firefox extensions

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Thu Oct 14 15:14:37 PDT 2004

El Jueves, 14 de Octubre de 2004 23:44, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:
> Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> | Trying to get solutions for firefox spanish support, I foun that:
> |
> | xinit /usr/X11R6/bin/firefox --install-global-extension
> | firefox-1.0-es-ES.xpi -- /usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb :2
> |
> | works in a text console !!
> |
> | I recall somthing similar used in openoffice.
> |
> | But I can't use this to do the initial root run.
>
> This will work to do the initial root run (i.e. firefox
> -install-global-extension).  However, the question is how to make
> this work with packages.  I guess I could add a RUN_DEPENDS on Xvfb.

I think that RUN_DEPENDS on Xvfb (Xorg/Xfree86) is far better that our
actual status.  This may be used by themes, extensions,
language-packs, ...

And see a lot less mail on firefox/thunderbird problems.

If i'm able to got time to work on 'general browser wrapper' (with i18n
support), my live here will become better.

In the meantime, test this well and put in firefox/thunderbir pkg-intall
scripts must work even from packages.

--
  josemi