GStreamer broken?

Michael Johnson ahze at ahze.net
Thu Oct 7 11:05:03 PDT 2004

On Oct 7, 2004, at 3:19 AM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 01:24:10 -0400, Michael Johnson <ahze at ahze.net>
> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 6, 2004, at 11:53 PM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>>> Umm, insteresting... -O2 does fix my problem as well. Nice find!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mezz
>>
>> What CPUTYPE did you build with?
>
> Same as your, I have AthlonXP 3200+ Barton here. Maybe,
> gstreamer-plugins required some missing option that what -O2 has isn't
> in -O that hurts itself? I am thinking about find missing GCC
> option(s), then put it in as default to avoid collect many reports in
> future. Is it good idea?
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

I noticed something now, I was reinstalling gstreamer-plugins with -O2
from -O with FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes and I kept running gst-register
manually
to see if it was just one plugin, and it seems (with further testing)
that it is gst/modplug that needs to be built with -O2, everything else
seems to work great with -O

Try building and installing gstreamer-plugins with -O then rebuild
gst/modplug with -O2 and make install it then run gst-register and see
if that works for you.
  (you'll have to manually edit the Makefile in gst/modplug and
gst/modplug/libmodplug)

Also yeah, I think its a good idea to find out which flag from -O2 is
needed for this to work right =)

Cheers,
Michael