Gstreamer-plugins splitting ports .. needs testing and feed back ?

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Wed Oct 6 09:54:11 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 17:31, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> I don't think that's necessary in this new scheme.  I think it's
> sufficient to simply depend on the base set of plug-ins (i.e.
> multimedia/gstreamer-plugins), then have users pick and choose the
> other functionality they want.  Since each plug-in will now have its
> own package, that's a breeze.  For example, for rhythmbox, I would
> have it depend on the lame, mad, and ogg/vorbis plug-ins.  But for
> nautilus-media, I would probably just depend on the base, and have
> users add media support as they require it.
>
> Joe

take care of not put any port with license problems y vital
dependencies.  Things like audio/lame and math/djbfft can't be
packaged.  This thread can touch other mp3 software.

ALso, you have my vote to put in the base:
 - ogg/vorbis the less problematic path to pc music
 - cdparanoia the less problematic cd interface in FreeBSD.

--
  josemi