GStreamer broken?

Roman Kennke roman at ontographics.com
Wed Oct 6 09:53:22 PDT 2004

Hi list,

I try to install Jamboree. This leads to a core dump of gst-register.
Here comes the output of gst-register:

roman at moonlight:/home/roman> gst-register
Rebuilding global_registry
(/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/cache/gstreamer-0.8/registry.xml) ...
Added plugin vcdsrc with 1 feature.
Added plugin snapshot with 1 feature.
Added plugin smoothwave with 1 feature.
Added plugin textoverlay with 1 feature.
Added plugin png with 2 features.
Added plugin jpeg with 4 features.
Added plugin hermescolorspace with 1 feature.
Added plugin gnomevfs with 2 features.
Added plugin gdkpixbuf with 2 features.
Added plugin cdplayer with 1 feature.
Bus error (core dumped)

Also, (maybe this is related), when I try to open Sound-Juicer it tells
me:
Could not start Sound Juicer

Reason: The plugin necessary for CD access was not found.
Please consult the documentation for assistance.

I am talking about Gnome2.6 (the most up2date version in the ports tree)
together with 5.3BETA7. Should I just wait till Gnome2.8 and/or
5.3-stable? I think not, because this stuff is going to be shipped on
CD.

Best regards,
Roman